Are light bulbs included with lighting fixtures?
No, bulbs are not included with any PALECEK lighting fixtures. Recommendations for the style of bulb that will best match the fixture are noted in the product specifications on each fixture page.
Do you offer extra rod or chain lengths?
How much space does my lighting piece need?
For hanging and spacing suggestions, please see the attached PDF.
How do I clean my lighting?
- Dust or use a vacuum brush attachment regularly
- Clear dirt and debris with a toothbrush
- Spot clean using a microfiber cloth with a bit of dish soap and water to clean away dirt, without saturating the rattan. Use a mix of four cups water and one teaspoon dish. Wipe clear with clean water and allow to dry.
- If there is mold or mildew present, create a solution of equal parts bleach and water. Dip a cloth into the mixture and apply to the area.
- Condition rattan with boiled linseed oil once a year. Allow 48 hours for oil to soak in and dry.
Outdoor Synthetic Weaves
- Vacuum regularly to remove dust and pollen
- Spot clean with dish soap and water
- Use water to rinse for extensive cleanup, scrub with soft brush or cloth and soapy water, being mindful of keeping water contact away from the electrical componentry on damp rated fixtures.
- Wipe in the direction of the fibers to reduce friction and fraying
- In salty regions, clean frequently to avoid excess build up and wear
Shell, Beading, & Coconut
- Dust with a soft cloth or use compressed air to loosen dust and debris from crevices
- Gently wipe with moistened cloth if needed and avoid harsh chemicals
What is the difference between wet and damp ratings?
Damp rated fixtures can be exposed to some moisture but are not meant to be fully drenched. Damp fixtures work best as bathroom lighting or semi-protected outdoor lighting.
Wet rated fixtures can be in direct contact with water such as rainwater or sprinklers.
Dry rated fixtures are not intended to have any contact with moisture or dampness.
Can lighting products be customized?
Yes, we can add power outlets, rocker switches, USP ports, ADA compliant switches and international plugs. Minimums apply for custom orders. Please contact our Hospitality department for customization options.
Can PALECEK fixtures be installed on the sloped ceilings?
Installation instructions vary by product. Please check the product specifications to determine if the lighting piece can be installed on a sloped ceiling.
How do I know if my fixture is dimmable?
All PALECEK lighting can dim with the appropriate light bulb selection and installation of a dimmer wall switch. Light bulb packaging will specify dimming capabilities.
What is the difference between lumens and watts?
Lumens is the measure of light output which determines the brightness of the bulbs. Watts indicate how much energy is used to illuminate a bulb. When selecting LED bulbs, use lumens as the measure of brightness.
What are the advantages of using LED bulbs?
LED have many advantages over incandescent; they use significantly less energy, stay cooler to the touch, and have a much longer lifespan.
Can I use an LED bulbs in my fixture?
Yes, as long as the wattage of the bulb falls within the maximum wattage listed on the socket.
Is Palecek lighting lab certified?
Yes, all our lighting has passed UL/cUL or ETL safety testing. Please check the specific lighting product page for detailed certification information.