How do I clean my lighting?
Written by Rami Lulu
- Last updated August 23, 2022
- Dust or use a vacuum brush attachment regularly
- Clear dirt and debris with a toothbrush
- Spot clean using a microfiber cloth with a bit of dish soap and water to clean away dirt, without saturating the rattan. Use a mix of four cups water and one teaspoon dish. Wipe clear with clean water and allow to dry.
- If there is mold or mildew present, create a solution of equal parts bleach and water. Dip a cloth into the mixture and apply to the area.
- Condition rattan with boiled linseed oil once a year. Allow 48 hours for oil to soak in and dry.
Outdoor Synthetic Weaves
- Vacuum regularly to remove dust and pollen
- Spot clean with dish soap and water
- Use water to rinse for extensive cleanup, scrub with soft brush or cloth and soapy water, being mindful of keeping water contact away from the electrical componentry on damp rated fixtures.
- Wipe in the direction of the fibers to reduce friction and fraying
- In salty regions, clean frequently to avoid excess build up and wear
Shell, Beading, & Coconut
- Dust with a soft cloth or use compressed air to loosen dust and debris from crevices
- Gently wipe with moistened cloth if needed and avoid harsh chemicals